CTE Dual Credit
Formerly Tech Prep College Connections
Pacific NW College Credit offers Dual Credit to high school students as part of the statewide CTE Dual Credit program (nationally known as Tech Prep). Registered students in CTE Dual Credit classes can earn BOTH high school AND college credit for completing select high school classes with a grade of “B” (3.0) or better. The college credit earned is credit for an actual college course(s) currently offered at the awarding college. Our students are directly transcribed, the same way a student attending the college would be, the summer after completing their high school class. This enables students to start earning credit towards a professional or technical degree program without leaving their high school or local skill center campus!
Student Registration: https://www.pnwcollegecredit.org/register/
Learn more about CTE Dual Credit from the Edmonds School District CTE website.
PNW Registration Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WiBi-BQBRZi0L9DTIa0ql820sCtn9KEU/view?usp=sharing
Dual Credit Registration instructions: Print Out
PROGRAM INFORMATION For PARENTS And STUDENTS
WHAT IS “CTE DUAL CREDIT”?
CTE Dual Credit is a program that enables high school students who complete certain CTE
(Career and Technical Education) classes at the high school (or skills center) the potential to
also earn college credit for these class(es), at the same time, without ever leaving the high
school campus. PNW College Credit is our districts CTE Dual Credit consortium; they facilitate
this opportunity for our students by working with our staff, teachers, and local colleges to find
matching course outcomes.
STEPS TO EARNING CREDIT:
- Enroll in an eligible class offered at your high school – visit your career center or our program website to view current classes
- Create an account in the CTE Dual Credit registration system: SERS - the State Enrollment & Reporting System - for all Washington state CTE Dual Credit
- Register for credit by adding eligible class(es) to your CTE SERS account
- Add classes during the same school year that you will complete the class
- Registration Deadline is June 15th
- Pay $50 fee (non-refundable)
- Payment is due on June 20th
- One payment per school year regardless of the number of classes
- Payments can be made:
Bellevue, WA 98007
- Fee waivers are available for students that qualify for free/reduced lunch: Email INFO@PNWcollegecredit.org
- Must complete eligible High School class(es) with a grade of B or above
- Registration Closes June 15th
- Payment Deadline is June 20th
Questions? Contact PNW College Credit Staff: INFO@PNWcollegecredit.org
NEED SUMMER HELP??
Contact PNW College Credit Staff: INFO@PNWcollegecredit.org