2023-24 School Year
Course requests for 2023-24 closed on March 10 at 3:00pm.
MTHS Course Requests
Course Request Information 2023-2024
Course Requests Presentations:
General Registration Slide Presentation
Entering Course Requests in Skyward Google Slide Presentation 2023-2024
**Remember to add ALTERNATE course requests!**
Course Request Resources
- MTHS 2023-24 Course Catalog
- OPTIONAL Course Planning Worksheet
- Instructions for Online Course Requests (Skyward)
- 2023-2024 Course Offerings Sheet
- 2023-24 Electives Fair
- Typical classes for each grade
- STEM 4 Year Overview - Exploratory
- STEM 4 Year Overview - Honors
More useful information
AP & College in the High School
College in the High School
Advanced Placement (AP)
- For now, register for all six classes at MTHS as if you were taking all your classes at MTHS.
- New students to eLearning must complete an online application in the eLearning website. You will need to notify your counselor which class(es) you're planning to take next year so they can complete an enrollment form for you when it becomes available. You'll need to attend the online orientation in the fall before you can start the class.
Running Start program is open to all Washington State high school juniors and seniors to take classes in the community college TUITION-FREE. High school students attending a college through the Running Start program earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
Visit our Running Start page here.
Running Start Course Requests for 2023-24
- If you are new to Running Start, register for all six of your classes at MTHS and once you complete the enrollment process with the college and meet with your counselor, the classes can be dropped.
- If you are currently a Running Start student, register ONLY for the classes you wish to take at MTHS.
Every student in the state of Washington must meet a Graduation Pathway in order to graduate. Previously this requirement was met by passing the Smarter Balance exam. However, now there are a number of ways to meet it. Talk to your counselor about which pathway you want to pursue.
Below are some of the most common ways students meet it while at Mountlake Terrace High School.
Smarter Balance Assessment
Students meeting this graduation pathway need to earn at least the following scores on the high school English Language Arts (ELA) and math Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) of:
- Score on ELA - 2548
- Score on math - 2595
CTE Course Sequence
There are a variety of Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways and classes available to you in high school. CTE Pathways and classes help students prepare for life after high school graduation while exploring careers and developing skills in areas closely connected to their interests. In addition, recent changes to state graduation requirements provide students the option to meet state Graduation Pathway requirements by completing 2.0 credits within an approved CTE Pathway.
Read more about CTE Pathways and classes here: CTE Pathways and Classes
College Admission and AP Exams
Students may use scores on college admissions (ACT, ACT with Writing, SAT, SAT with Essay) and specified Advanced Placement (AP) tests to show they possess the knowledge and skills expected of high school graduates.
Dual Credit Courses (Running Start)
A student who completes a dual credit course in English language arts and mathematics in which the student can earn college credit may use passage of the class as a graduation pathway.
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery)
For a student who takes the ASVAB while in high school and earns at least the minimum score (31) on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) portion of the test, the ASVAB may be used to meet the graduation pathway.
While most CTE Pathways and classes are available at each individual high school, some specialized Intra-District Programs such as Applied Engineering/Manufacturing, Architectural Design/CAD, Automotive Technology, Carpentry, and Healthcare Professions are housed at specific high schools but are made available to all high school students via district provided transportation.
CTE Intra District Classes
Application for CTE Intra District Classes
To access this form, you must be logged into a Edmonds school District Account.