Skip To Main Content


High School and Beyond Plan

The following Naviance Graduation Tasks must be completed to meet your High School & Beyond Graduation Requirement:  

  • Achieveworks Personality Inventory
  • 4-Year Education Plan from Grade 11-12
  • Upload a Resume
  • Financial Aid Research Task
  • Senior Exit Survey

Do not wait until June to complete these Tasks!  You will not be cleared for graduation until all tasks are completed.

Graduation Pathways

Every student in the state of Washington must meet a Graduation Pathway in order to graduate.  Previously this requirement was met by passing the Smarter Balance exam.  However, now there are a number of ways to meet it.  Talk to your counselor about which pathway you want to pursue.

Below are some of the most common ways students meet it while at Mountlake Terrace High School.

Smarter Balance Assessment

Students meeting this graduation pathway need to earn at least the following scores on the high school English Language Arts (ELA) and math Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) of:

  • Score on ELA - 2548
  • Score on math - 2595

CTE Course Sequence

There are a variety of Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways and classes available to you in high school.  CTE Pathways and classes help students prepare for life after high school graduation while exploring careers and developing skills in areas closely connected to their interests.  In addition, recent changes to state graduation requirements provide students the option to meet state Graduation Pathway requirements by completing 2.0 credits within an approved CTE Pathway. 

Read more about CTE Pathways and classes here:  CTE Pathways and Classes

College Admission and AP Exams

Students may use scores on college admissions (ACT, ACT with Writing, SAT, SAT with Essay) and specified Advanced Placement (AP) tests to show they possess the knowledge and skills expected of high school graduates. 

Dual Credit Courses (Running Start)

A student who completes a dual credit course in English language arts and mathematics in which the student can earn college credit may use passage of the class as a graduation pathway.

ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery)

For a student who takes the ASVAB while in high school and earns at least the minimum score (31) on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) portion of the test, the ASVAB may be used to meet the graduation pathway.

MTHS School Profile 2022-23

Some college applications may require a copy of the Mountlake Terrace High School Profile.  You can download a copy below and send it in to your college.

MTHS School Profile 2022-23

Middle School Credit

Did you know that you can add credits from Middle School to your High School Transcript? 

Credits you can bring up from Middle School include:

  • Algebra 1
  • Geometry
  • STEM Foundations
  • Spanish 1
  • French 1

The entire year of the course will be added to your transcript.  Both the full year CREDIT and GRADE will be added to your transcript.  This may help or hurt your GPA, so you are encouraged to think through the request carefully.  

NOTE: Once you request the course to be added, it cannot be removed.  

If you are coming from outside of Edmonds School District, you will need to contact your former district and request that the credits first be added to a High School transcript for that district.  You should then speak to the MTHS Registrar about requesting the transcript.  

Complete the form, have your parent sign it, and return it to your counselor.

Form P-174 Opt In High School Credits

Senior Class Presentation 09-28-22